Why You’ll Love This Job
Find your perfect career fit with FYZICAL, an innovative company that is committed to your growth and success, when you join us at our FYZICAL Lansing Triphammer location in Lansing, NY as our newest Physical Therapist (DPT)! Each FYZICAL is independently owned and operated, yet part of a vast network of other independent and company-owned clinics. You will have the benefits of working for a small company but have access to the resources of a large company.
Feel secure knowing you will be backed by a practice leader who has chosen you to be part of an elite group of professionals capable of achieving next-level results and a leader who wants you to feel fulfilled professionally and personally.
Professional fulfillment comes from many places, among them fair pay, fair hours, fair patient load, abundant continuing education, quality tools of the trade, and mentoring.
- Fair Pay. You can expect to be compensated between $62,000 and $86,000 annually, depending on your experience level. After 9 months of learning and applying yourself, your performance will be considered for additional compensation in the form of performance bonuses. If you exceed expectations, you can expect to be compensated accordingly.
- Fair Hours. You will be generally expected to see patients an average of 8 hours a day, in a new outpatient facility..
- Fair Patient Load. You will be generally expected to see a maximum average patient load of only 10 patients per day. We pride ourselves on only offering one-on-one care.
- Abundant Continuing Education. As for education, Fyzical provides certifications in balance and vestibular therapy as well as orthopedics, including TMJ, and even pelvic health. Studies can be done virtually, in person or through our unique Fyzical College. You will be expected to have completed our Balance Level 1 certification prior to starting work on your first day so you will feel competent to treat one of our most vulnerable populations. Other advanced balance and vestibular certifications will be made available, and you will be expected to participate in regular continued education to stay on top of your game! The best part? FYZICAL’s CEUs come at no cost to you!
- Tools of the Trade. If you are looking for cutting edge technology supporting your newfound knowledge, you need look no further. Your leaders at FYZICAL Lansing understand that as our science grows, new knowledge must be supported by new technology. You will be welcomed into the clinic seeing our state-of-the-art Safety Overhead Support (SOS) System and training tools incorporating the latest in computer technology.
- Mentorship. Fyzical mentorship comes from the small company feel with the big company presence. Literally hundreds of experienced PTs across the country are available to help teach, counsel and guide you. If you are worried about grasping vestibular and balance therapy, we have dozens of Balance Level 3 practitioners who have spent years crafting their skills. Orthopedics? TMJ? Neuro? Pelvic Health? Fyzical has a support system like no other. We are not competitive with one another and when we help each other out, we all win! Opportunities for shadowing, phone calls, zoom meetings abound and we want you to feel secure in your role.
Personal fulfillment comes from being happy where you are and having the time to enjoy it. We get it! Lansing is located in NY, just a short drive from the Ithaca area events and State Parks. Outdoor activities and local events thrive in this community. You will fall in love with Ithaca and Lansing.
You will have ample time to enjoy what our beautiful area has to offer. For a full-time position, time off will include accumulated PTO of 10 working days in addition to paid company holidays. Another benefit of being here is that you do not have to spend hours a day hung up in traffic getting to and from work. Our medium-sized town allows for quick travel to and from work.
If you are ready to launch your career with a company that is unmatched in the PT arena which has the appeal of small company ownership yet big company resources, apply for FYZICAL Lansing’s full-time Physical Therapist (DPT) job opening today!
Physical Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Perform new-patient evaluations/exams
- Diagnose patients; evaluate physical activity limitations
- Create a plan that sets a goal and completion date
- Equip patients with PT intervention techniques/exercises; track progress
- Provide education to patients on techniques for the continuation of care
- Examine and evaluate new patients
- Establish a diagnosis of condition or conditions and their impact on activity
- Establish a plan goal and time frame
- Prescribe intervention techniques and exercises
- Measure and track intervention effectiveness
- Educate the patient on continuing care
- Participate in public events such as medical fairs
- Communicate with referring and potentially referring physicians
Skills & Qualifications
Physical Therapist Skills, Education, Licensure for Orthopedic Physical Therapy:
- Graduate of an accredited PT program with a focus on orthopedics
- Hold a valid Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) license in the state of New York
- Proficient in developing and executing treatment plans tailored for outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation settings
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an autonomous work environment, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in patient care
- Genuine passion for assisting patients with orthopedic concerns, emphasizing expertise in musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- Possession of an active DPT license in New York, with a commitment to maintaining up-to-date licensure
- Capable of implementing and advancing comprehensive treatment plans within the realm of outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation
- Inherent self-motivation and a proactive approach to continuous learning and professional development
- Dedication to working with individuals facing orthopedic challenges, including a focus on musculoskeletal conditions
- Preferred minimum of one year of experience in an outpatient orthopedic or neurological center, or previous exposure to orthopedic rehabilitation
- Previous experience or familiarity with vestibular rehabilitation is advantageous, but not required.