Why You'll Love This Job
Find your perfect career fit with Proactive Spine & Sports Physical Therapy and FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers, an innovative company that is committed to your growth and success.
We are excited to welcome a new physical therapist assistant to our dynamic, skilled team!
This outpatient physical therapy opportunity prioritizes one-on-one patient care, provides a diverse diagnosis case load, and has the opportunity for career growth with great benefits.
We are looking for a full time Physical Therapist Assistant (32+ hours/week; part time applicants will also be considered). We look forward to interviewing all qualified, licensed physical therapists (new grads as well!), and we are especially interested in a PTA with ortho, neuro rehab, and/or pelvic health experience.
Our clinic aims to be different from the norm for outpatient practices. We commit to manageable caseloads and quality one-on-one patient time with patients. It is about what’s best for the patient and you as their caregiver.
We want to see our staff grow into excellent professionals, so we take extra time to mentor through in-services and offer access to Fyzical’s national education division teaching therapists advanced techniques in Vestibular, Manual Orthopedic therapy, Pelvic Health, and more.
Our practice provides the following:
● 1:1 patient care with private treatment rooms
● Positive environment patients and therapists
● Collaborative team spirit that is supportive of growth and learning
● In-office in-services, mentoring, and continuing education access
● Medical, dental, vision insurance (FT employees)
● Paid time off, select paid holidays
● Continuing education reimbursement allowance
● Retirement IRA matching program
Some of our diverse services include:
● Neuromuscular Re-education
● Balance Training
● Vestibular Rehabilitation
● Manual Techniques
● Women’s and Men’s Pelvic Floor Health
● Craniosacral & Myofascial Release
● Pain & Stress Management
● Wellness Services
Redding is a city that offers conveniences with a small town feel. Located in Northern California with access to the outdoors close to Lassen National Park, Mount Shasta, the Trinity Wilderness, the Redwoods and the northern California coast. Redding has hundreds of miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, close to skiing, beautiful lakes and rivers.
To learn more about our practice, please explore our website or come by anytime for a visit :) We look forward to meeting you!
● Execute plan of care and follow up treatment visits with a focus on rehabilitation.
● Instruct and counsel patients effectively in exercises, home exercise programs, and
● Administer active and passive manual exercises, massage and/or traction to help
relieve pain, increase patient’s strength, and decrease or prevent deformity and
● Instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients as they practice exercise and
● Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on patients’
responses and progress, and report to physical therapists.
● Measure patients’ range-of-joint motion, body parts, and vital signs to determine
effects of treatment or for patient evaluations.
● Complete timly and accurate documentation.
● Comply with rules, regulations, and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
● Graduation from an accredited PTA program
● Current California Physical Therapy License
● Ability to work efficiently/effectively in an autonomous environment
● Must be self-motivated with a willingness to learn
● Passion for working with vestibular, balance, neurological, and fall-risk patient
● Prefer, but not required, at least one year working in outpatient orthopedic and neurological center, or
previous vestibular rehabilitation experience
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices
● Ability to solve problems independently
● Excellent analytical and logical thinking
● Ability to manage patients with different personalities
● Ability to write reports and correspondence at a professional level
● Ability to use a computer and software proficiently
● Motivation to continually learn new techniques
● Ability to work as a team player within the office
Apply today to join the team at one of the many independently owned and operated FYZICAL franchise locations across the nation. Members of the FYZICAL Family radiate excitement and enthusiasm for the future because our franchise model is transforming an industry dominated by hospitals and corporations. From all across the nation—in large cities, rural communities, and small towns— FYZICAL teams are achieving amazing results for their patients and careers.