Why You'll Love This Job
August 3, 2022HOURS
: 32 hours/week with full-time potential to be determined by business needsREPORTS TO:
Clinic Founder and OwnerCOMPENSATION:
$32-$35/hour depending upon experience.BENEFITS:
Employees in this role who regularly work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for sick leave, personal days, vacation, healthcare insurance, and executive bonus plan.CLINIC HOURS OF OPERATION:
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday CLINIC OVERVIEW:
FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers – San Francisco was born out of West Portal Physical Therapy & Wellness Center (WPPT), which was founded in 1992 with the goal of providing patients with results-oriented physical therapy in a professional and caring environment.
In 2019, as part of a continuous effort to expand services to our patients, WPPT moved under the national umbrella of FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers and relocated to a newly designed clinic at the base of Twin Peaks. Our facility offers four, private treatment rooms and an airy gym with 12-foot ceilings.
As a team, we are 100% focused on achieving the health and wellness goals of our patients. The clinic provides a full range of orthopedic physical therapy and sports medicine services; however, it focuses on spine care, shoulder and knee rehabilitation, balance, and fall risk screening. We also offer a semi-private, by-appointment Fitness Training Program under the direction of personal trainers.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assess and evaluate physical therapy needs for specifically assigned patient populations with the goal of 1.5 visits per hour.
- Create, implement, monitor, and modify treatment programs via active and passive manual therapeutic exercise; therapeutic massage; and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatment such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- Measure patients’ range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist physical therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- Administer pelvic and cervical traction.
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observe patients during treatments and compile data on patients’ responses to treatments and progress via electronic medical report system.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Develop home exercise programs with patient, family, and caregivers as appropriate.
- Confer with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Assign and supervise activities of PT aides/trainers and give orientation to new employees in this role.
- Insure full documentation of treatment plan, patient activity, and progress via electronic medical records system or via manual entry.
- Prepare patient progress reports for referring physicians and act as case-specific consultant to physicians and other health care professionals as necessary.
- Assist in management of patient discharge planning to allow for maximum benefits from physical therapy within insurance guidelines.
- Identify and refer PT patients to in-house, semi-private Fitness Training Program as appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Graduation from an accredited physical therapy assistant program and in possession of a clear and active State of California licensure.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a physical therapy assistant at an out-patient physical therapy clinic.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with limited supervision. Out-going personality with high levels of altruism, insightfulness, resilience, and flexibility.
- CPR certification.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and follow verbal and written instruction in English.
- Basic computer skills required for electronic entry of patient and contact tracking data.
- Understanding of customer relationship management (CMR), and database, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software. Ability to analyze and manage multiple concrete variables in standardized software.
- Documentation of full vaccination for COVID-19, booster/s, and willingness to mask when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing their duties, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply today to join the team at one of the many independently owned and operated FYZICAL franchise locations across the nation. Members of the FYZICAL Family radiate excitement and enthusiasm for the future because our franchise model is transforming an industry dominated by hospitals and corporations. From all across the nation—in large cities, rural communities, and small towns— FYZICAL teams are achieving amazing results for their patients and careers.