Why You’ll Love This Job
This position is responsible for obtaining pre-certifications and preauthorization’s for inpatient and outpatient procedures per provider’s orders. This position requires attention to detail, exceptional time management skills, the ability to stay focused and organized with acute attention to detail. Individual must be organized, and be able to manage a demanding workload with accuracy.
What we are looking for:
- Willing WIT (whatever it takes) – You take pride in seeing things through to the end, and you will find a way to get it done no matter what.
- Detail oriented – There are a lot of moving pieces in the medical field. You know what is essential and you make sure to dot every I and cross every T.
- Enthusiasm – You care about what you do and want to make a difference in the world.
- Commitment – We want people who can see themselves here for a long time. We have opportunities for you to grow with us, and we hope you take them.
- Open to change – The reality of our industry is that things change. We do our best as a team to only make changes that help all of us grow, and you bring ideas of changes to that effect.
- Happy to do it – We look for the best thing that happens each day and seek to work together with positive attitudes.
- Verifying medical insurance benefits
- Submitting pre-authorizations
- Following up on claims
- Obtaining insurance referrals
- Learning the ins and outs of our EMR software
- Effectively communicating with patients and insurance companies
- Estimating and collecting patient responsibilities per insurance benefits
- Scheduling testing and procedures with facilities accurately
- Learning rules and requirements for testing and services per insurance companies.
- Reviewing patient chart documents to verify that appropriate documentation is included for requested services.
Skills & Qualifications
- Insurance verification: 1 year (Required)
- Medical billing: 1 year (Preferred)